La Chureca, Nicaragua

Monday, June 16, 2008

Morning Time

Well,  I'm in Nicaragua and it is Hot and Amazing (and the Mosquitos LOVE ME!)

The first night  here not all my luggage came in.  Luckily I borrowed toiletries from people here a the Manna house...Buti'm hoping and praying that it will get here soon... I arrived on Saturday and it is Monday morning and I am still without.

But anyway the reason I am writing this morning is because I quickly wanted to write what I read from Psalm this morning in my quiet time.

From Psalm 78:23

"Yet he gave a command to the skies above and opened the doors of the heavens;  He rained down manna for the people to eat, he gave them the grain of heaven.  Men ate the bread of angels; he sent them all the food they could."

This whole passage is a history of what God had done for Israel.  In the mixture of the many blessings and stories of Israel's thankfulness and waywardness...God's anger and loving faithfulness we see that even when his people disappointed him..."yet" he still gave a command to the skies to provide for them.  What a loving Father.   

Anyway, I think  this passage is pretty sweet as well because I'm volunteering with Manna Project International and this morning is the first working morning and it is great to read about God's provision with the heavenly bread.  I just pray this morning that the Lord would give me grace to live beyond myself.  Beyond my own strength, beyond my own love, beyond my own capabilities---so I can serve these community and people.



Before I go quick recap from trip so far:
Got in Late Saturday night (june 14th)
Airline lost my luggage
Mosquitos love me (I'm praying that my blood become toxic to them so they won't want me)
Sunday-went to church, had orientation meeting, toured the community: Cedro Gallan where we will be doing a lot of our volunteer work, played ultimate frisbee, had a cook out with the Advance English Students from the Manna Programs and played in the pool, then went to bed.
TODAY: Construction and Maintenance work in the morning at the community Center and then we will be shadowing the Manna Project Program Directors in different classes and such!  Woot Woot!  Here I go!


1 comment:

Dad.1959 said...

OMG!

So sorry you haven't gotten your bags.

Can we send you a care package?
What do you need?
Where do we send it?

love you,
dad