La Chureca, Nicaragua

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Notes on Travel from the itouch

I already posted from my itouch the first day of travel... here's more to remember that I took note of  on my itouch the other days I was there ;)


*These are all travel notes... I will most definitely be synthesizing in a blog note later... I just don't want to lose the notes and know that I am likely to delete them off my itouch some time soon!


October 31st

Woke up and had some sweet corn french cereal provides by Leslie

Went to Eiffel tower had champagne and walked around! Went to this very cute local restaurant for lunch and had a Salade du chef! Huge and incredible



French phrases:
Je voudrais...I would like
Salade du chef- chef's salad

Then went the beautiful church on top of a hill that looks
Over the city! Beautiful! (Sacre-Caeur)

Did the tourist thing, bought a hat... Then bought an awesome pastry-a cream strawberry delight--had burnt sugar on the top and looked like tira mi su.

Wonderful

Back at apt, getting ready for nap :) and to be a spice girl  for Halloween

November 1st 2010

Went to Notre Dame in the morning
Had cafe au lait at a little cafe near Notre dame
Went to lourve for afternoon
Stopped at moulin rouge
Dinner at this awesome fondu place where we were served wine in  baby bottles
Had an awesome dessert truffle that was chocolate and ice cream
Walked up and around scare caeur to see the city at night and also the Eiffel tower sparkle






November 2nd:
We were going to go to Versailles but the girls have stuff to do without their apartment so alas it has be ruled out...its totally ok though--> that means i just have to come back soon! (Which I don't mind at all!)

This morning I went walking around like the Parisian phrase says: le flaneur"one who wanders the streets, one who strolls or loiters, usually without a destination in mind"
I bought a pain au chocolat
Walked over and saw the arc de triomphe
Passed lamburgini dealership and ducati and the French cars I see all the time in italy

Afternoon: musee d'orsay
Angelina's for hot chocolate :)
MC Solaar-French music artist (need to download asap)


November 3rd
I leave Paris!!! I have loved it so much thus far!! This is the best week of school I have ever had!!!
Woke up this morning at 6:50am (naturally and before my alarm!)
Showered, packed and left!
Leslie walked me to my bus, it was there I got on, and now I am here at the airport. Very smooth going through security and check in

Oh my god the nicest dressed guy was sitting behind me and he was beautiful and had a Louis vuiton bag!! Like duffel bag!! I couldn't stop staring so cute!!
I'm glad he walked away I was staring too much!

Ok at airport everything has gone smoothly so far I want to go to the bathroom to put on makeup that's quite a feat with all my stuff :)

12:51pm
I'm in Barcelona and it is sunny and gorgeous!!! I cannot believe I am here!!! There are palm trees everywhere! My bus drops me off right bear my hotel! Only problem is I don't think it runs when my early morning flight is going out!!! Eek! Must ask hotel desk people questions and help about that!!!

I'm on the aerobus!! So awesome!!! Eek it's so sunny and awesome!!! I'm freaking out!!! I love Spain!!!



One day in Barcelona:
-get shuttled to hotel to Check in!!! I arrive 12:40 pm at airport- expect to be checking in around and by 2pm

To see List for one day in Barcelona:

Sagrada Familia (check)
Museo de: Picasso (check)
Parco dr Guell-(dark outside and smelled pot so i turned around and went back into the metro!!!)
Catedral (check)
Walk las ramblas (check)

"Las meninas" (after Velasquez) by Picasso
Cannes,17 august 1957
Oil on canvas
Cried when I saw this--I love Picasso's work.




To draw you must close your eyes and sing.





- Pablo Picasso








Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.
- Pablo Picasso

Went to sagrada familia! Gorgeous-there 20 minutes before they closed so missed out on going in... Plus there were. Tons of police and security setting up for the pope's visit on Sunday!!! Wow!! Cool huh!

Got off the metro stop for Parc de Guell  but it was dark and the first thing I inhaled was pot... I walked around the block and reentered-- i had enough of independent female and am ready for the safety of las ramblas!!! I mean for real...sketchy metro stop, wished I had gone earlier in the day... Just means I have to come back!!! I love barcelona!!!

Very interesting people on the metro...have had a few Helpers that I am very thankful for and I am also wishing guys would stop staring at me... I feel very uncomfortable with that but have continued my Paris blue steel--I walk with confidence as if the whole world does not even exist... And I also practiced in my head telling people off in Spanish... I was pretty BA in my head :)

Ok it's 5:22pm and already super duper dark!!! Ughh!! I'm going to get something To eat and go to hotel and go to bed!!! Low key evening is the goal!!! I need to rest!!

I am super pumped I did this!!

6:40pm- just sat down at micky's tapas bar and restaurant... I basically decided to sit down at whatever place welcomed me first and this place did... Sipping sangria... Mmmmm good

7:23pm ate my food.. It was filling- first meal since 7 am... Not as good as french or italian food, but let's face it the spanish give you everything else wonderful in life!

Ok timeout!! They charged me five euro for garlic bread!! I thought it came with meal!! Mad at the waitress but whatever....grrr....


Thursday November 4th
Woke up at 4:40am
Got dressed and left to arrive at bus...5:15 am (completed check out)

Got to bus at 5:27am and there was a full line!!! It was totally full by the time it got To me so I had to be the first person on the next bus... Leaving now... Not bad

5:40 am bus left
6:02am bus arrived at terminal 1
(I think that when I arrived yesterday it was at terminal 2)

Arrived at my terminal after quick security stint--6:25 am- I am pretty much the last gate in the line of Bs



Happy... rested... and excited for GRANADA!--Can't wait to give Carson, Julia, and Robyn HUGE hugs... also excited for worship, see La Alhambra, and what Raices is like and their ministry :)


Arrive Granada: 8:30 am


Carson and Robyn pick me up at bus stop... drop off everything in apartment and go around city with Carson and Robyn :)


****FOR THE REST OF THE DAY I WAS SO INTO WALKING AROUND I DIDN'T TAKE ANYMORE NOTES ON THE ITOUCH******


Friday November 5th


Granada: trying to get inside la Alhambra (Robyn told  me that a lot of times you need reservations and so I am figuring out how to get in without one this morning)

Left- 6:50 am
Arrived: 7:24 am
Last in line for about four minutes

Got lost on the way to la alhambra!! Got lost in the la Alhambra area too!! Walked straight up the hill and to a hotel!!! I probably would have arrived five or ten minutes earlier ! Ok lord it's your way and your timing :) please let me in!!! I am so hot and sweaty mow!! I was power walking everywhere!!

Got in 8:30am... Wandered the palace and area until 12 noon and it did not feel like that much time at all

Amazing... I stopped to sketch and journal... The place is so magical





Saturday November 6th:
fly home!


got to airport early... so left getting ready for airport... haha... did some make-up in the bathroom and then listened to harry potter in Español the rest of the day... LOVE it... SAD to leave though...

No comments: