I have been fortunate enough to be surrounded by family and friends as I get ready for my departure and I can't believe it's just around the corner!
- See "Eat, Pray, Love" (tonight anyone down?)
- Downsize Things taking over there again for the millionth time (if at all possible i would)
- Figure out where to put my books!
- Call people back-- if you are one who has left me v-mail; I'm working on it!
- Buy International Converters
- Hit the Bank (not rob it, but hit my accounts--is that break the bank? what's the right term?)
- Cancel my six-day temporary health insurance the day I leave :)
- EAT lots of dad's homecooked Puerto Rican food and Scott's PCP (Peppers-Chicken-pasta)
A Pre-Departure Airport Adventure:
By the way I had Sal the III drive me to the airport yesterday with one of my suitcases. We have been having debates here at home as to whether or not our scales are accurate or twenty pounds off. Well, after explaining to the security man that I was "really early" for my Thursday flight, he let me walk over to the weighing stations of the Lufthansa kiosk and find out that my suitcase that weighed 66 lbs in Centreville--weighed 64 lbs at Dulles---so I guess the Rivera scale is working? (that is still under debate since my dad weighed himself on the "most accurate" scale at his school revealing a true weight for him 20 pounds lighter than home). Anyhoo, it was quite a scene--Sal the III did circles around the airport while I weighed the suitcase and we had this whole plan of attack with "Just-In Case" scenarios--like "just in case the cops pull you over for being the sketchy car that keeps driving around the airport" --In the end they were not needed but we had fun drawing up plans regardless.
Ciao for now!